Time for the February freebie and giveaway! Are you ready? It’s a jolt of color that will brighten any winter day and refresh all of you in the Southern Hemisphere.This small quilt is Fruit Smoothie and uses two types of pre cuts. The center patchwork section is a mix of mini charm stacks and 5 inch charms. My Kaffe stash had just the perfect prints for the border, but at 2 1/2″ they’re the same size as designer roll strips.It’s a great project for beginners because the mixture of all those prints blends small mistakes and mismatched seams. Letting the fabric do the heavy lifting makes it look more complex than it really is. All other levels of experience will find it a fun and easy way to put some of their Kaffe stash out on display.I used several colors of Anchor pearl cotton thread to hand quilt this piece. You can see a photo of the quilted backside in the last post. And I’ve written a free pattern for you which you can access by clicking here. Or by visiting the Freebies section at any time.
Westminster Fibers has given me a couple of these Kaffe and Friends mini stacks to share. Excited?! Me too. Each of these stacks comes with 250 of the 2 1/2″ squares. That’s right…250!!! Here are the details for this sweepstakes:
- Leave a comment on this post before the deadline to enter. Tell me anything you’d like, but I’d love to know your favorite Kaffe print.
- One comment per reader. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- You have until 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, February 13 to enter.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Two winners will be selected by Random Number Generator. One winner for the US and one international winner.
- Winners will be announced sometime before Monday, February 18th.
- Winners will be notified by email and will have one week to respond. If winners do not respond, a new winner will be selected by Random Number Generator and notified by email.