Welcome to this stop on Quiltmaker’s 100 Block Tour! I’m so glad you stopped by. My block is called Between the Lines, block number 685 in Quiltmaker’s 100 Block series. The block itself is a 12 inch finished block. Thanks to some bold prints, it manages to pack a lot of drama into a small space. My friends, Jane Sassaman and Jennifer Paganelli, are two fabulous designers with distinct styles. Each of them does “Bold” beautifully and I couldn’t resist a chance to mix them together in this one block.To maintain the high drama in your own version of this block, keep these tips in mind. First, utilize high contrast prints. I used the black and white zebra as my starting place. Black and white is guaranteed drama. Second, be brave and add another layer of contrast. In this case, I chose red and white polka dots. Large dots have plenty of inherent drama, but the play of dots and zebra stripes gave it an extra punch. Lastly, use the larger corner triangles to give breathing space to larger prints. This green tonal of Jane’s is perfect for adding movement to the block without overwhelming the center.
And speaking of overwhelming, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by so many great quilt blocks, especially with 100 of them in every issue of Quiltmaker’s series. Sometimes, you see a block you love, but you just can’t see yourself actually finishing up enough of them to make a quilt. So what’s a quilter to do? Grab a bit of coordinating fabric and you can enjoy a favorite block in a new way. If your browser doesn’t show the pdf above, click here for the link.
To celebrate Volume 7, Quiltmaker will send a copy to one lucky reader. Here’s all you need to do for a chance to be that lucky person:
- Leave a comment on this post before the deadline to enter. Tell me anything you’d like, there’s no magic comment.
- One comment per reader. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- You have until 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time on Friday, May 3, 2013 to enter.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Winner will be selected by Random Number Generator the weekend of May 4-5, 2013.
- Winner will be notified by email and will have until May 8, 2103 to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be selected by Random Number Generator and notified by email.
Good luck! Please note that due to the large volume of giveaway commenters, I will be unable to thank you all personally for taking time to visit and enter the giveaway. So to everyone who stops by, “Thank you!” And don’t forget to check out Quiltmaker’s giveaways on their blog!
UPDATED: This giveaway is now closed. A winner has been chosen and notified by email. Thanks for visiting!