It’s been a while since I played with Mod Podge. I’ve had several projects in mind for months, so when I saw the tiny resin frames at Michael’s for $1, I took it as a sign. Back home, I grabbed a few supplies and got to work. The end result is an adorable little pet silhouette.I pulled a free clip art cat silhouette off the Internet. For a specific pet, use a photo taken with the pet in profile. Use photo editing software to cut out the profile and darken the image. Then print and cut out the silhouette shape. Or if you’re not handy with software, use the old fashioned method. Copy or print the photo, cut out the profile silhouette and trace onto black paper. Cut out the image and you’re ready to proceed.
Here’s all you need for the project:
- Fabric Mod Podge, original Mod Podge and applicator
- Fabric scrap slightly bigger than framed space
- Small resin frame
- Wax paper, aluminum foil, or butcher paper to protect your work surface
- Silhouette cut from black paper
To make follow these simple steps:
- Apply Fabric Mod Podge to the right side of your fabric scrap and let dry completely. Use wax paper, foil or butcher paper under the fabric.
- When the fabric scrap is dry, trace the frame back onto the back of your Mod Podged fabric. Cut to size.
- Apply fabric to frame back using original Mod Podge. Let dry.
- Apply silhouette to fabric using original Mod Podge. Apply a thin layer of original Mod Podge over the entire surface. Let dry.
- Secure frame back into frame.
- Set out to enjoy!
It doesn’t get much easier than this. If you like instant gratification, this is perfect. Go grab a few frames and get busy!