Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here. Today it’s all about celebrating Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Volume 8. My block is #711 aka Flower Power.It’s a fun applique block that seems to have multiple personalities. It’s really about the choices you make for fabrics. The shapes are not the focus. For example, here’s the block in Jenean Morrison’s Wishing Well with her small gingham print for background. It has a completely different feel.Using David Butler’s Parson Gray prints for this block really changes it up.By adding a few strips to each side and a single strip to the top and bottom, I created a place mat or small table mat. It’s a simple way to use a single block to great effect.
To celebrate Volume 8, Quiltmaker will send a copy to one lucky reader. Here’s all you need to do for a chance to be that lucky person:
- Leave a comment on this post before the deadline to enter. Tell me anything you’d like, there’s no magic comment.
- One comment per reader. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- You have until 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 to enter.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Winner will be selected by Random Number Generator.
- Winner will be notified by email and will have until November 17, 2103 to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be selected by Random Number Generator and notified by email.
Good luck! Please note that due to the large volume of giveaway commenters, I will be unable to thank you all personally for taking time to visit and enter the giveaway. So to everyone who stops by, “Thank you!” And don’t forget to check out Quiltmaker’s giveaways on their blog!
UPDATE: These comments are now closed. A winner has been chosen. Thanks for visiting!