It’s time for Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks again! The blog tour is going on all week so be sure to check out all the posts (and enter to win giveaways). My block is #1091, Frilly Goose.I pulled from my Sis Boom stash for these pretty prints. They make for a very feminine version of flying geese. And of course, are a great way to use scraps from your stash. Win-win. To prepare for this post, I made another one in Jennifer’s Jenny Eliza line for Joann’s. Same Sis Boom attitude but this version is a little more sassy than the first. These pretty geese need the right environment to preen and show off, so here are a couple ideas to get your flock underway.Set the block on point and arrange in rows. Add sashing between rows. (For corner setting triangles, cut two 9 1/2” squares for each block. Cut on the diagonal to yield four triangles. Sew to Frilly Goose block. Trim as necessary. New block is 17 1/2”.) Or omit sashing altogether and add a narrow border.It’s entirely up to you. Whatever you do, whether with my block or any other, just have fun! That’s the key.
To celebrate Volume 11, Quiltmaker will send a copy to one lucky reader. Here’s all you need to do for a chance to be that lucky person:
- Leave a comment on this post before the deadline to enter. Tell me anything you’d like, there’s no magic comment.
- One comment per reader. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- You have until 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, May 9, 2015 to enter.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Winner will be selected by Random Number Generator no later than May 12, 2015.
- Winner will be notified by email and will have 7 days to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be selected by Random Number Generator and notified by email.
Good luck! Please note that due to the large volume of giveaway commenters, I will be unable to thank you all personally for taking time to visit and enter the giveaway. So to everyone who stops by, “Thank you! And happy sewing!”
UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. The winner has been chosen and notified.