Happy Friday! And welcome to the third stop on the colorful blog tour of Kaffe’s Artisan Collection for Free Spirit. Like everyone else on this blog tour, I was quick to say “Yes!” to a request to participate. How could I pass up this opportunity?! My box arrived from Free Spirit full of gorgeous color and pattern with no restrictions. I was instructed to let the fabric inspire me. My favorite approach to fabric!Blues always seem to speak the loudest to me, so it will come as no surprise to regular readers that I immediately pulled them out and started creating. Fussy cut center squares and large HST’s provided the structure and gave the fabric a chance to show off. In no time at all I had a throw size quilt. I used the quilting cotton prints for the main field and the Checkerboard Plaid Ikat for the border. Kaffe’s wide backing for the back–Circles in green–along with some large meandering quilting and it was ready for a quick wash. Soft and beautiful, it now lies draped over a chair in the living room, ready for cooler weather. I put together a pattern so you can make your own. Just click here for the pdf. (I called this Sands of Time because those brown HST’s around the fussy centers remind me of hourglasses.) In the future, you’ll find this pattern on the Freebies page. The collection ships to stores next month, so get your list ready.
In the meantime, Free Spirit has provided some pre cut Kaffe for a giveaway. (Thank you, Free Spirit!) Random Number Generator will select two winners: one for the design roll and one for the fat quarter bundle. Here are the details:
- Leave a comment here on this post before the deadline to enter. Tell me about your holiday sewing plans.
- One comment per reader. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- You have until 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 to enter.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Two winners will be selected by Random Number Generator no later than October 16, 2016. The first winner will receive the fat quarter bundle and the second winner will receive the design roll.
- Winners will be notified by email and will have 7 days to respond. If winners do not respond, a new winner will be selected by Random Number Generator and notified by email.
Good luck! I won’t have time to reply to each and every one of you who comments. So, to everyone who enters, “Thank you!” I’m looking forward to reading your comments.
Don’t forget to visit the remaining blog stops over the coming weeks!