Have you heard the news? Amy has a new book! Published by Chronicle Books and full of fun, scrappy projects, it belongs in your library. With specific patterns and plenty of inspiration to jump start your own creative works, Amy acts as a guide, helping you see potential for expressing yourself through your fabric stash. Regular readers know just how much I adore Amy and her creative output. It will be no surprise then, that I jumped at a chance to help promote her book. Chronicle kindly sent me a copy to review for the blog tour. It was hard to decide on a project–they’re all beautiful! In the end, time constraints from the ongoing bathroom remodel decided for me. Statement Necklaces!This project gives you a chance to put your favorites on display. You create your own little improv block and then embellish it. Since I’m not big on beads and bling, I incorporated ribbon from my Renaissance Ribbon stash. I pulled some of Amy’s Glow in voile for the neck straps and threaded them with beads. The soft feel of the voile is perfect for this type of application. I’m quite content to hang these from a peg as decoration. I love seeing my tiny scraps like this!I should warn you. These can be a bit addictive. You may find yourself gathering scraps for a small stack of them. Like I did. See…too pretty to hide. And honestly, if you’re short on time but need a creative fix, these are perfect! Also, if you find improv too intimidating, starting small is a great way to gain confidence. Amy knows this and she gently nudges you to explore new things. It’s something I love about her and I’m so delighted it comes through in the pages of this book.
As part of the book’s blog tour, Chronicle will be sending one lucky reader a beautiful package. The package includes a copy of Piece Keeping, a Fat Quarter bundle of Amy’s new collection, Eternal Sunshine and some of Amy’s ribbons for Renaissance Ribbons. The package will be sent directly from Chronicle to the winner. So without further ado, here are the details:
- Leave a comment on this post before the deadline to enter. Tell me about your scrap stash.
- One comment per reader. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- You have until 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time on Monday, July 18, 2016 to enter.
- The winner will be selected by Random Number Generator no later than July 22, 2016. Winner will be notified by email and will have 7 days to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be selected by Random Number Generator and notified by email.
A huge “Thank You!” to Chronicle for inviting me along on the blog tour, to Free Spirit for supplying the generous bundle and to Renaissance Ribbons for adding their gorgeous ribbons to the mix. And a huge hug and Thank You to Amy for sharing her talents and joy!
If you’re not a regular reader, please click back through my June posts for inspiration and project patterns using Amy’s new collection, Eternal Sunshine. Who knows? You just might have a fat quarter bundle and a book full of projects and inspiration to work with very soon.
Also, be sure to follow along with the tour and see what others have made:
· July 11 – Chronicle Books
· July 12 – The Root Connection
o Charming Garland
· July 13 – Suzy Quilts
o Pyramid Pillows
· July 14 – Rock Paper Scissors
o Dreamweaver Wall Art
· July 15 – 100 Billion Stars
o Statement Necklaces
· July 16 – Carrie Bloomston Unconfirmed
· July 17 – Late Night Quilter
o Tribal Cuffs
· July 18 – Crimson Tate
o Project Unconfirmed
· July 19 – A Gathering of Stitches
o Embellished Infinity Scarf
· July 20 – Heather Jones Studio
o Improv Pillows
· July 21 – Make It In Design
o Illumined Lamp Shades