If you’re interested in a simple project for a summer throw quilt, maybe even one that looks more complicated than it is, look no further! I’ve got just the thing. This quilt is called Friendship and measures 41″ x 55″.I made the quilt for Quilt Market using Dena‘s Tangier Ikat collection. Time was very short and there wasn’t a moment to spare on a precision based pattern or any kind of fussy cutting. A friendship braid seemed like the perfect solution. It turned out even more lovely than I expected. The prints work so well together even though you might think the two color stories aren’t made for mixing.
If you’ve never made a braid before, I’ve put together some simple diagrams to help you out. Just click over to the pattern and get started. Braids make wonderful borders too, so it’s a great addition to your toolbox. For this quilt I used 3 inch x 9 inch strips. You can use any size you like–just make the length of the strips three times as large as the width for balance.
Tangier Ikat is in stores now. You’ll find these prints translate exceedingly well for garment sewing. And don’t forget decorative accents around the home–pillows, curtains, etc.
I’m so thrilled with this collection, and this quilt, that I’m giving away enough Tangier Ikat strips to make the braids for this quilt. I’ve done the lion’s share of the cutting as these are ready to start piecing. All 105 pieces, waiting for a new home. Don’t they look enticing? They remind me of my favorite summer flavors–citrus and berries. Think Lavender Lemonade, Sparkling Roasted Vanilla Lemonade, Key Lime Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, Blackberry Nectarine Cobbler, Blood Orange Ricotta Torte, sun warmed kumquats.Here’s all you need to do for a chance to be the lucky winner:
- Leave a comment on this post before the deadline to enter. If you feel so inclined, share your favorite summer flavors.
- One comment per reader. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- You have until 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 to enter.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Winner will be selected by Random Number Generator.
- Winner will be notified by email and will have until July 3, 2103 to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be selected by Random Number Generator and notified by email.
Due to the volume of comments during giveaways, I won’t be responding to comments for this post. But I’ll definitely be reading them. Thank you for visiting and entering!
UPDATE: This sweepstakes is now closed. A winner has been chosen. Thanks for visiting!