Next month, Jane Sassaman’s exciting new collection, Spring Fever, will be shipping to stores. I’ve already had a chance to work with it and I can tell you, unequivocally, it’s AWESOME! I made two quilts for Market this time around. The quilt that Stinka is showing off is called Siesta in the Garden and will be available as a free pattern from Free Spirit in the near future.As regular readers know, I never pass up an opportunity to fussy cut, especially when it comes to Jane’s fabulous feature prints. So for this quilt design, I used four 90 degree triangles to create a large block. Then I added simple sashing to highlight some of the other prints. It’s an easy quilt but it does take a lot of yardage. You will end up with some lovely leftovers of the feature print for other projects.I’ll be showing you more of this collection next month. For now, you should go check out the all the prints and colorways. Then, make your list. You’ll want to supplement your stash with some Sassy Stripes and Over The Top Dots at the very least.
EPP continues to hold my attention, taking up large swaths of time. I appliqued four medallions featuring Disco Kitty to background fabric for a table runner. Now to choose and add borders.It’s the perfect color scheme for summer. It makes me think of Raspberry Sorbet and Pink Lemonade.I’ve also been playing with Jane Sassaman’s upcoming Spring Fever. So much to love! This is the back and I think it looks almost as fabulous as the front. But you’ll have to wait to see that until after Market. Not long now.In between the EPP sessions, I’m making more socks. This is Madeline Tosh Merino Light–my favorite. The color name is Magic. And it really is. Those colors are just so vibrant and the yarn feels so good.
Have you been keeping busy? Are you feeling ready for summer?
Happy Valentine’s Day a little early! Free Spirit has generously provided two fat quarter bundles of Jane’s Scandia collection for a sweepstakes (aka giveaway). Here are the details:
- Leave a comment on this post before the deadline to enter. Tell me what fabric is at the top of your Wish List right now.
- One comment per reader. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- You have until 12:00 midnight Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 to enter.
- International entrants are welcome.
- Two winners will be selected by Random Number Generator no later than February 20, 2017. Each winner will receive one fat quarter bundle of Scandia by Jane Sassasman for Free Spirit.
- Winners will be notified by email and will have 7 days to respond. If winners do not respond, a new winner will be selected by Random Number Generator and notified by email.